Willie Murphy and the Bumblebees--200 Pounds of Joy

Sorry, but I have to post another tune from the 1986 documentary "Survivors."  This film featured all kinds of obscure blues bands and was, as I mentioned previously, filmed at Wilebski's Blues Saloon in St. Paul, Minnesota where I used to play in the Monday Blues jams.  My last post featured the Gravenites Cipollina Band.  This one features the barnstorming Twin Cities R&B band Willie Murphy and the Bumblebees.

Willie and the Bees scoured the upper Midwest for decades entertaining people with their funky blues rock.  While "The Bees" have been broken up for some time, Willie Murphy still performs in Minneapolis.  Willie is an extremely talented but unheralded song writer, singer, piano player and guitar player.

Willie and the band really cut loose in this tune and go beyond the two and a half minute version of this old Howlin' Wolf cover.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do despite not having the greatest audio quality.

Learn more a about Willie Murphy and the Bumblebees by clicking here.