Gravenites Cipollina Band--Small Walk-in Box

Nick Gravenites and John Cipollina (R.I.P.) were both members of the West Coast hippie scene back in the 1960's.  Gravenites was a member of the "American Super Group" The Electric Flag.  The Electric Flag didn't reach the same heights as Cipollina's Quicksilver Messenger Service.  Regardless, these two lead guitar players joined forces after the Summer of Love ended and formed the blues based Gravenites Cipollina Band.

Here's a good bluesy, hippie instrumental jam for you.  This song makes me feel like I'm on a road trip to someplace.  The bass solo gets a little long so I apologize for that.

I also have to note that this particular version of the song was filmed back in 1986 for a movie called "Survivors" at a place called Wilebski's Blues Saloon in St. Paul, MN (my home town).  I used to play drums at the Monday night blues jams there so there is a sentimental reason for me to post this.


If, like me, you were mesmerized by this enchanting jam, you would not hesitate to click on the link below to purchase a slightly different studio version of this song.