Lowell Fulsom--Tramp

I first discovered this song "Tramp" way back in the mid 1980's when I was a volunteer at KFAI-FM community radio in Minneapolis.  I had been a volunteer for some time and was anxiously awaiting my turn to get a time slot.  Then one day I came home from class (I was in college then) and the phone rang.  It was the station and they needed someone to fill in during the afternoon drive time because the blues DJ at that time had a family emergency.

I was speechless at first.  Was I really going on the air during drive time?  I grabbed an armload of albums and booked down to the station.  After I got settled down and got into the groove spinning records, I noticed that the DJ who had to leave suddenly left their bag of albums on the floor.  I started to finger through them and that is when I discovered Lowell Fulsom's "Tramp."  I put it on the platter and as my friends can attest, my life has never been the same.

Over the years I was stunned to find out that several people that I knew actually heard me that fateful day, my first day on the air.

Anyway, that's my story about Lowell Fulsom's "Tramp" and I'm sticking to it.  Enjoy.


I was unable to locate an individual copy of "Tramp" for sale (which astounds me quite honestly).  But if you're interested, you can find "Tramp" and several other good Lowell Fulsom tunes on the double CD below.