Saturday, August 11, 2012

Three Headed Spaceman--The Tailgators?

This is one of my favorite songs.  For some reason I like songs that aren't too serious.  I like fun, dumb tunes like this one that are basically about nothing.  I believe this song is from The Tailgators--the Texas Blues Rock band--but I am not sure.  Back when I was a volunteer DJ at KFAI-FM in Minneapolis, things were not particularly orderly.   I took a Tailgator's album from the record library shelf assuming the contents inside would match the cover.  However, there were several times when I pulled a record off the shelf and the contents did not match the cover.  Being the volunteer of the 2A to 6A shift I didn't always pay that close attention.  I discovered on my air-check tapes later that I incorrectly announced several of the artists I played because someone else put the wrong album inside the album case.

This may have happened with this song.  I don't know.  Regardless of whether this is The Tailgators or not, this song is awesome.  Take a listen.


Sorry, can't find a copy for sale.  You can always come back to this site to listen to it over and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment