Buddy Guy and Junior Wells--Stomach Ache

Maybe I'm just a square, but I'm not exactly sure what Junior Wells means by "stomach ache" in this song.  In fact, the lyrics don't really make much sense at all to me.  I presume that it is some kind of archaic sexual reference particular to South Chicago in the 1960's.  The fact is, however, it's not the lyrics that are important--it's the groove.

Buddy Guy and the rhythm section lay down a cool groove and Junior just raps along with it.  The song really kicks into gear during Buddy's guitar solo.  I'm sure you will like it.





I've never known too many ladies who like blues music, but I've played this number at parties and they seem to dig it.  So if that isn't motivation enough to buy this song, fellas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose respect for you.  So just do the right thing and click on the link below.  Afterall, it's only 99 cents.